Leave a comment

Amusement Device Reminder for VA Building Officials

amusement-deviceThe warm weather is fast approaching which means carnivals, fairs and family fun. Building Officials play a major unsung role in these family times.

It is important to know that the local Building Department is responsible for the inspections of Amusement Devices, whether performed by certified Building Deparment employees or an approved third party.

Only Virginia certified amusement device inspectors can perform the inspections of amusement devices. Certified inspectors may be employees of the local government or may be independent inspectors that are paid for by the amusement device owners or operators.

After the amusement device is inspected and determined to comply with the standards under the Virginia Amusement Device Regulations (VADR), the device is affixed with a Virginia Amusement Device Inspection Seal. Please note that seals will only be provided to the Building Official of the jurisdiction, as they are responsible for the seals.  You may pre-order the stickers by contacting sbco@dhcd.virginia.gov  or by calling 804-371-7150.  Please order early to ensure you have an adequate supply when needed.

The VADR prescribes uniform statewide regulations to be complied with for the construction, maintenance, inspection, and operation of amusement devices, whether mobile or affixed to a site. Should you have any questions on the regulations, additional information and FAQ’s can be found HERE.


Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )


Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: