8:30 a.m.-4:30 p.m.
Portsmouth Department of Social Services and Public Health Building
1701 High Street
Portsmouth, VA 23704
Taught by the Healthy Homes Training Center and Network and sponsored by the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency, in collaboration with the Virginia Department of Health and The Consortium for Infant and Child Health (CINCH) at Eastern Virginia Medical School, this course brings together health and housing professionals from state and local agencies, as well as other health and housing organizations, to identify policies and practices to establish robust programs to make homes healthier. Participants will work with a case study developed for the training to analyze threats to resident health and identify opportunities to reduce those threats through improved and coordinated housing and health services.
- Recognize seven healthy homes principles
- Explain the connection of those principles to health impacts and hazards in the home
- Identify the organizations and programs that can make a home healthier
- Describe the basic tools agencies and organizations can use to make homes healthier
- Name five action steps that can be implemented in the next six months to launch a healthy homes program
For an outline of the agenda, visit http://healthyhousingsolutions.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/12/Launching_Agenda_June2014.pdf.
- Click here to create a new account
- Fill in the required information
- Once your account is setup, select “search”
- Under month click “September”
- Under course name click “Launching a Healthy Homes Initiative”
- Then add to cart
If you have problems, please contact Dion Lerman at 215-264-0582 or email at email@example.com
Free parking around building. Go to main entrance and sign-in at front desk. Take the elevator to the 4th floor, then proceed right to the large community conference room.